Coping Strategies for Uncertain Times
In this episode, co-hosts John, Lisa, and Kim are sharing strategies for coping with pandemic fatigue, along with Stephanie Murphy, an art therapist. The crew came up with several good ideas and phrased them beautifully. Here are some key takeaways:
- Depression could be caused by the lack of future projection. So make plans for how you’re going to celebrate when it’s over.
- Create wholesome routines. John, in California, takes a walk-and-talk every morning with Stephanie, who’s in Santa Fe. They get the benefits of relationships, exercise, nature, and conversation.
- Walking a dog has similar health/mental health benefits. But even if you don’t have a dog, routinely take walks.
- Create family Zoom meetups. Play games. Laugh. Have a dance party, complete with costumes.
- Too much screen time creating eyestrain and causing headaches? Get some blue-light filter glasses.
- Do whatever it is that you consider a spiritual practice. Meditations. Deep breathing exercises. Yoga. Journaling.
- Look or sit outside. Check out the birds.
- CONNECT WITH SOMETHING BIGGER THAN YOURSELF.
- Angry? Make angry art!
- Family tension? Throw a family tantrum!
- Write a love letter to yourself. You deserve it.
- Share your own strategies with the Alternative Health Tools community by sending an email to one of the hosts, or Stephanie.
Contact Stephanie Murphy
Mesa Vista Wellness
Alternative Health Tools
You can find us on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, and anywhere else you get your podcasts.
Contact co-hosts Lisa Victoria, John Biethan, and Kim Shea
Leave us a message on our Contact Page.
Produced by Heard Not Seen Media, Inc.