is an expert in healing anxiety disorders. We now know anxiety disorders affect “at least” 40 million people in the USA.
The term ‘anxiety disorder’ includes panic disorder and panic attacks, agoraphobia, social anxiety disorder, and specific phobias such as fear of flying or heights. Closely linked to anxiety disorders are obsessive-compulsive disorders (OCD) and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). Source: National Institute of Mental Health
If you have an anxiety disorder, you’re much more likely to have physical health problems and suffer from depression.
Melissa is the author of Getting Past Anxiety, an inspirational novel to reclaim your life (Aviva Publishing, 2017), and published works from the University of Washington Memoir Anthology of Writing (University of Washington, 2013). She holds a BA in Fine Arts with a minor in photography from Seattle University and a certificate of Memoir from the University of Washington.
Her passion to help others led to a successful practice as a Licensed Massage Practitioner for over twenty years aiding people with anxiety. “I could relate to the client while on my table,” she has said. “I wanted to help them heal.”
Melissa has had personal experiences with anxiety disorder. “I feel people’s pain and I know what it’s like to walk in their shoes,” she said. Her book, Getting Past Anxiety will inspire and motivate the reader to take action to overcome anxiety and reclaim their life.
- Melissa’s book: Getting Past Anxiety
- Video: Simon Sinek Understanding The Game We’re Playing
- Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP)
- Book: Getting Past Anxiety is an inspirational novel designed to help you reclaim your life
- Book: Sarah Fader Stigma Fighters
- The Station Co-Lab
- Film Screening: Racing Extinction
- Anxiety and Depression Association of America (ADAA). They say 40 million Americans have Anxiety Disorder. So if 1 in 2 Americans have an Anxiety Disorder, then based on about 320 million Americans, that’s about 160 million Americans “may” have an Anxiety Disorder!