Ep. 74 Melody Owens: Fine Artist, Love Is My Medium
is captivated by the mystery and the beauty that make a person iconic and revered. “I am inspired to paint women in classic beauty, illuminate heroines with a Hollywood glow and revive vintage elegance in a contemporary age. I aim to capture the radiance of soft light and diffuse certain features contrasted by focused details. Bright colors and textures can give the eye a sensory pleasure. In my work I play with the balance of abstraction. I use loose but determined strokes to blend details and realism. My choice of media is acrylic followed by oil. Sometimes, I mix it up by starting with a gouache base. The luminescence in my art is often amplified with jewels and the glossy shine of silver leaf contrasting strong rustic textures. Mostly self taught, I’ve been lucky to have apprenticed with a few of the most skilled artists in Utah & California. Growing up in Utah in an extremely artistic family encouraged me to pursue my passion of art. The roller coaster of life took me from Utah to Las Vegas where I opened a studio teaching my photo realism style seen on www.LiquidLead-Art.com. A few hard years running a studio flew by once I found the peacefulness reflected in my art. Art itself is healing, so my creative inspiration has led me on the path of becoming an energy healer and yoga teacher. In my current studio in Newport Beach, painting full time and happily creating, I enjoy the occasional surf break to chase down a perfect glossy wave.” ~ Melody Owens
Topics, Mentions and Links
- Art Therapy at Southwestern College & New Earth Institute: consciousness-centered graduate school for counseling and art therapy.
- Eco Artist Ashley Mazanec.
- The Love Today Exhibition February 11th, 2017 curated with Kate Ryan.
- Vibrational Painting Workshop July 15th, 2017.
- Slave to the Wave July 28 to August 28, 2017.
- Melody’s Instagram.
- Location 1980, Costa Mesa, CA.
- EMERSUS Water Protectors. “Water as a human right. Not a privilege.”
- www.PublicWatchdogs.org and San Onofre Nuclear Waste Dump.
- Mt. Shasta.
- Book by Julia Cameron: The Artist's Way.
- Santa Fe, NM Day of the Dead Art.
- Liquid Lead Art - Bare Allurement painting.
- Helena Gorka Family Constellation - the “Knowing Field.”
- Rudolf Steiner’s Eurythmy “to form the space before it arrives on the canvas.”
- 50 shades of green.
- Every child is an artist without having to think about it.
- Richard Wagner Healing Music.
- Color and Music in the New Age By Helene Corrine and her other books.
Life living tips
- You are your own source of love - starting with yourself. I experience love through the colors I use.
- How you see the world, is through the lense you choose to put on. I like my rose-colored glasses.
- Listen and connect to the small and still voice within you - and nature.
Melody Owens Fine Artist, Love is my medium. MelodyOwensArt@gmail.comwww.MelodyOwensArt.com